Welcome to Doc's iFrag College Tourney Page
Ok Doodz here is the College Tourney Info.
Check to see who won.
The tourney was a blast, thx to all who entered lets do it again sometime >:-)
The following is old news...I'm leaving it for posterity
Which University will become the iFrag Doom College 1996.
Below is a table of all the college entries they are number 1 to 14.....
|(1)||Iowa State University||PVP||Biatch||Dazed||We'll frag ya 'till you cry!|
|(2)||Washington State University||Sniper||Picard||Darroch|
|(3)||University of Maryland||Psoriac||Wrayth||MoatMonster/Itchy||I frag...Therefore I am.|
|(4)||Haverford College||Tikiman||Hoser||Fabe||Excuse me, while I whip this out!|
|(5)||Villanova University||SoulCrusher||Bastard||SubNyton||Wiping with leaves|
|(6)||Cornell University (Cornell'22)||Krusty||Hotruck||Copper|| |
|(7)||Columbia University||Kasow||MaTTaM||Carnage||There can be only one!|
|(8)||Western Reserve University||Strahd||Cubic_Wombat||Nate_Dogg|
|(9)||Penn State University||FreddyB||Skeels||Commi||We are Penn State Fraggers|
|(10)||I U P||SHOCKER||Z-man||Bocephus|| Don't take this ass whippin personally|
|(11)||Gordon College||TheWIzKid||Biotch||Beavis||Olympic iFraggers of the South|
|(12)||Rice University||CloudKicker||Henry||Dino||We'll frag your ass all the way from houston|
|(13)||*Representing Canada* University of British Columbia||DOOMGOD||bottomlessPIT||Gaiden||
You ask us if we have a god complex, Quite frankly we are gods, DoomGods|
|(14)||Furman University||ATP||Viper||Zeroedln||We're not conservative when it comes to fragging.|
|(15)||University of Chicago||Scratchy||tba||tba||TSB!- Team Single Barrel!|
|(16)||Oaklahoma State University||FragMastr||Vivisector||Hawk||Old School fraggers|
U of Chicago Will Now Play Oaklohoma State.
If any information above is incorrect please email me ..
The tourney will be in rounds.
The first round of the tourney will start sunday (april 1) at midnight. The 15 colleges will
match up college against college. The Eight *winners* will progress to the next round. I have written a program
select that will
determine which college plays which. I will start a game on ifrag and
some independant player can run the program save the results of the
matchup an serve the result to me, seems fair. The source code of the
program is available so you can see its legit. Ok on to the match ups
... For each college head to head 10 games will be played. Nine 1 on
1's and one fragfest featuring 2 players from each college. These
matches *must* be played before Sunday midnight April 8th. If a college
misses any games its opponent *automatically* progresses to the next
round,I urge y'all to try and play all the games so
we get a fair result. Note: If all the games are complete before April
8th then we shall progress to the second round.
Ok i was on ifrag at 10:34 sunday night and met with Krusty, Psoriac, Wrayth and Dinner .. Dinner who
is not in the tourney ran the select program and here are the first round colleges...
v I U P
University of Maryland v Washington State University
Furman University v Iowa State University
Villanova University v Rice University
Haverford College v Gordon College
Penn State University v Columbia University
Western Reserve University v Cornell University (Cornell'22)
University of Chicago v Oaklahoma State University
Here are the
results Dinner got from select.exes output.
PLEASE NOTE ROUND #1 HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL TUESDAY MIDNIGHT DUE TO THE HOLIDAYS.
Ladies and Gentlemen We have some winners.....
- 1)Villanova University, victorious over Rice University
- 2)University of Maryland, victorious over Washington State University
- 3)Cornell University (Cornell'22), victorious over Western Reserve University
- 4)University of British Columbia, victorious over I U P
- 5)Iowa State University, victorious over Furman University
- 6)Haverford College, victorious over Gordon College
- 7)Columbia University, victorious over Penn State University
- 8)Oaklahoma State University, victorious over University of Chicago
Here are the match ups for Round 2. Thanks to Lisa for running the selection program.
Iowa State University v Oaklahoma State University
Cornell University (Cornell'22) v Haverford College
University of British Columbia v University of Maryland
Villanova University v Columbia University
Here are the results Lisa got from select.exes output.
These remaining 8 teams will match up to produce the final four.
..the round will continue until April 14th (Sunday Midnite). The remaining Teams will progress to the final four.
UPDATE 15/4/1996: The Games will be extended 'til monday midnight(wc), some players had exams and others actually
had to attend class and do homework (yeah go figure). See results page for latest.
Ve have de winners ...
- 1) Columbia University, victorious over Villanova University
- 2) Cornell University (Cornell '22), victorious over Haverford College
- 3) University of MaryLand, victorious over University of British Columbia
- 4) Iowa State University, victorious over Oaklahoma State University
The Final Four
Who will play who will be
determined by number of points scored in round 2..Highest scoring
points play least scoring points and the remaining two face off, like
basketball (I think :)). The colleges will agree on a wad or a DOOM ][
level of *their* choice. If they can't decide then I will pick one (or
write one and we don't want that :)). Games will start Tuesday 4/16
..if you have exams
or other college stuff don't let the tourney interfere ... e-mail me
you schedule or any conflicts you have and I'll
try and organise the games around it.
Here are the matchups for the final four.....
Iowa State university (9 points) v Columbia State University (25 points)
University of MaryLand (10 points) v Cornell University (Cornell '22) (13 points)
The final will take place a yet to be determined date. All of iFrag will be on the bleachers cheering on their favorite
players, as the final 2 teams face of for the supreme title of Ifrag Doom College 1996. The winning college will receive
a "trophy" you ask yourself "A trophy from Doc!! Wonder what that will be, I hope its not a dead bat again.". The three
players from the winning college must be worshiped, (sacraficing virgins to the ifrag God is acceptable) for they are the
Ok here are the competition rules..any violation and your nick will be tarnished on ifrag, not that isnt' already 8-D.
- 1) 1 on 1 Matches are 12 minutes long
- 2) Frag fest match is 15 minutes long and counts for double points.
- 3) Ifrag Settings are /dm /skill 5 /pwads iftour1.wad
- 4) Pings greater than 40ms require ticdup 2 (but you guys decide)
- 5) Points awarded
- 0-5 Frag Win = 1 point (a fragging i.e. 20 25) [a draw, both teams get 1 point]
- 6-10 Frag Win = 2 points (a hosing i.e. 20 26)
- 11+ Frag Win = 3 points (a spanking i.e. 15 -1)
- 6) The lead players will submit scores from all games to me via e-mail
- 7) Results will be published as often as I can manage, i.e. when I'm sober.
- 8) Each player will get himself a notepad (to mark scores in) and carry it with him at all times, spot checks will be done
and any violation will procure a beating.
- 9) If someone presses the exit they loose 3 points.
- 10) If the internet blows up during a game, the game will be replayed at a later date.
- 11) In disputes my decision is final, I rule.
- 12) Any strategy, weapons, cheap tricks, camping, taunting you care to use are all allowed, *TURBO* is not allowed.
- 13) Rules for the 4 way frag fest :
Ok this is practically impossible to score but we are gonna do it here on ifrag 'cos thats what ifrag is all
about 4 way fragfests :).
- I need the team leads to e-mail me *all 16* scores from the game, this will prevent teammates from killing
each other to get frags (frowned upon anyay). If I dont get the scores the match is void, and the 1 on 1 scores
will determine the result. Remember the 4 way game is *the* game :) so practice team work.
Finally, I have no clue what I'm doing, so don't rag on me too hard :). I hope this goes well and should be a lotta fun..
good luck to all the colleges and may the best doomers win. As a consolation to losing colleges I will have a gripe page
where you can air you greviances about how the connect sucked and he used the BFG all the time :). I will ask Scott Coleman
to put the winning college and players on the "ifrag message of the day", yeah thats the trophy ;).
You'll be interested toknow there is a new wad for round two .. oh fuck I hear you say ..hehe :)
Back to Home Page ....
Created 3/6/1996 Updated 4/21/1996 6pm